Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snowed in & smokey on the east coast


Another blizzard here on the east coast, ugh! It was worse this morning and from what I heard this is our 7th blizzard wahhh Anyway, home with nothing to do I decided to play in my makeup. I saw this picture and wanted to recreate this smokey eye

I learned the smokey eye from Jlovesmac1 & i liked how she used dark blue as opposed to black because when I use black, I look like I got punched in the face. But today I used only black in the outer corner and it came out better than normal and I think it's because I finally learned how to use the 217 finally. I used to HATE that brush but now I love it. It made the black go on PERFECT!

For the rest of the eyes, I used MAC Grain as a highlight and 2 different silvers from my Coastal Scents palette for the lid and crease along with NYX Jumbo Pencil in Pot & Pans as a base. My lips is MAC Saint Germain.
What do you think? I think I'm getting there with the smokey eye, its my favorite look.
Me & my sis are going out so I'll snap some flicks later, gota go find an outfit
xoxo Stay warm

1 comment:

  1. Girl I cant deal with the cold thats why I live in the desert lol. The eye look I think this is a great look like you said sometomes the black can be too harsh. Ive also been doing purple smokey eyes with brown I just took some pics that may be good with your complexion and it accentuates brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete